Sunday, February 26, 2017

Kasalel Pohnpei

Kasalehlie, Mainko!!

Transfer call.... 

So just one hour before we got the transfer call, I read the scripture to our investigator (Mulden, he is soooo awesome!! I'll tell you bout him in a minute): "Trust in the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."

This is so true. Now, more than ever, I need to remember this. 

I'm no longer serving on Pohnpei. I have been transfered to Saipan. Sisters haven't served on the island for a couple years. I will be training, and learning Mandarin Chinese. We won't have an area, we'll get any referrals for Chinese speakers and go teach them. Saipan is 20% Chinese.... So TONS of people to teach. I left Pohnpei less than 3 hours after I got the call. Talk about packing FAST! 

This is the last thing I expected. I LOVE Pohnpei, and I am going to miss it sooo much. I feel like I was just getting a hold of the language, and the culture, and the people. Sister Fehoko and I had so many investigators on date. Sister Fehoko also left Sekere: She's going to Mesihsou with Sister Russell. I hope the Elders take care of our investigators!!

Sister Pokipala is also going to open an island to sisters: Kosrae. Sister's have never served there before.

This transfer is totally crazy. But I know that it's what the Lord wants. I'm not going to sugar coat it: I'm nervous. It's going to be hard. I just barely finished training. I don't know Saipan, I don't know the people. But what I do know, is that I went to Pohnpei for 12 weeks for a reason. I learned a little bit of Pohnpeian for a reason. And now I am going to Saipan for a reason. All I can do is hope and pray Heavenly Father will give me the strength, knowledge, and faith I need to be a tool in his hands.

So here I am on Guam, got here at 4am this morning. My new trainee flies it tomorrow night. We fly out to Saipan on Thursday. Then we dive in and get to work. 

Ok, enough of the transfer call. Sooo much happened this week, and I'm afraid I don't have time to explain it all. So I'll try to sum it up best I can.


Mulden is super cool. I think I mentioned him in my last email. If I didn't, someone tell me. But he's been reading all the stuff we give him and if he could, he would baptize right now. He said (two days ago? I dunno, they all blur together) that he is ready right now to take the Gospel to his home island, Mortlock, which is an outer island of Chuuk. They don't have any missionaries there right now, so that's super cool. Hopefully the Elders will get him pamphlets and Book of Mormons to take to him.

Cartwright wants to be baptized SO bad!! He has done a complete 180 turn around. President wants the mission to memorize 2 Nephi 31. So one day I was reading through it, and felt impressed to give it to Cartwright to read. He read it, and when we came back, that's the answer he said he was looking for. Part of the chapter that talks about the straight and narrow path is part of a song he made up when he was really low years ago. He said, "Lord, please take my hand and show me the straight and narrow path to return to thee" Or something like that. He stopped drinking Sakau and stopped smoking weed. He is so ready to be baptized. I really hope the Elders keep up with him. He needs the strength and support, because I know Satan will work really hard on him. Sunday he said he almost didn't come to church because his brother offered him weed, and it was raining a lot. But then he remembered that he wants and needs to be around good people, who will support him. And so he kept walking, and came to church. Super cool. 

Another big thing that happened this week is Elder Holland came. I wish I had more time, but it was really cool to hear from him. He pounded the pulpit a bit though, told the mission that just because we are spread across 1.5 million square miles apart, doesn't give us the liberty to be disobedient. We have to be self-sufficient. The Lord trusted us to come to this mission, and so we have to show that His trust was well placed.

Forgot to tell you that this week I was focusing on Faith. Good thing too, that's what I needed. If I had to say one thing about faith, it'd be faith is trusting in the Lord. It is so important. I can't begin to say how important it is. It's so hard, but, just like Nephi said, "I have trusted in my God, and I will trust in Him forever". I know He will not let us down.

This week I will focus on Faith again. I think I'm gonna need it :)

All is well. I am going to miss Pohnpei, so much. Some day I will go back and visit. 

Saipan, here I come.

I poakepoakekumwail. Ya'll are in my prayers.

Sister Springer















No comments:

Post a Comment