Sunday, April 8, 2018

Happy Easter!!!

Fuhuo Jie Kuaile!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I did!! This week was crazy, but awesome!

There was a huuuuge fire this week on the mountain. Luckily no one was hurt though. 

We had the coolest thing happen this week!! So, earlier this month the Elders knocked on a door and it was a Chinese guy. He didn't speak much English, so they called us and we talked to him. It sounded like he wasn't super interested though, so we told him if he ever wanted to learn more just give us a call. On a whim (ok, actually the Spirit), I saved his number in our phone as "Chinese Guy the Elders found on 3/14". Then on Thursday afternoon I was talking to a member, and the phone rang. It was him. I answered and he wanted to know where our church was. I told him where, and when in started, and he said he would come on SundaySunday came, and he and his adorable family showed up to church!! He and his wife have 3 kids, the oldest is 8 and the youngest is just a baby. Despite our translating equipment having difficulties, they stayed for all of sacrament meeting, and Chinese class. They they stayed and talked to our recent convert, Anbby! Turns out they are from the same province in China. They want us to come visit them. We'll take Anbby on Tuesday. I'm so excited! God is so great!! 

We had Easter Dinner with the Igisaiar family, and the Conner family. We are so spoiled!! 

Sorry this email is so short. I'll upload pics next week, too. Love you all so much!! I can't wait to see conference this weekend. Also, going to Guam this week again. Last time before I go home. So weird......

Love you all!!!! Have an excellent week! Stay safe, keep reading the Book of Mormon. 

Oh, quick miracle. Ya'll know how I get super car sick when reading in the car? Yeah, doesn't happen when I read the Book of Mormon. At all. I love the Book of Mormon! Same thing with Jesus the Christ. I was on the part where He suffers in Gethsamane, is judged, scourged, and crucified, and is in the Spirit World (not quite to the Resurrection) on Easter. It was extra powerful. I love this Gospel!!!

Sister Springer

No comments:

Post a Comment