Sunday, January 1, 2017

...and Happy New Years!!!

Hey all!! I pretty much have no time at all, so I'm going to keep this short.

Internet was down all weekend, but it came back up. A lot of people on the island are strict about the Sabbath day though, which is good, but that also means the places with internet are closed... so we are at the chapel emailing.

I hope you all had a good Christmas! Thank you to Dry Creek Ward for the package!! That was so thoughtful and generous!! I loved it! Also, funny story... The day I got my package was the day I lost my last pen (dropped it and it fell into the rain gutter... go figure. No idea what happened to my other ones.) How did you know I needed pens?? 

This week I focused on hope, but I want to say one more thing about Charity. When you focus on yourself, you get down and depressed and life just sucks. When you really focus on others-- even when life sucks-- when you really focus on them, your spirit will be lifted. Your problems won't seem so big anymore. I know that to be true. I have seen it here. I don't even speak their language, but I know that by not focusing on that, and focusing on the people and how I can help them to come closer to Christ, it's not so hard.
Ok, hope. With this new year, I think hope plays a big role. We have hopes for things we want. We have hopes for our family, our friends. I know that hope is what motivates us to act. 

New Year's on Pohnpei is CRAZY!! People were drinking and drumming and screaming all night. It was so crazy. Then New Year's day was hard to proselyte because most people were drunk. A bunch of kids threw muddy water as we drove past, and of course my window was down.... Whoops. But we were safe and ok, so that's all that matters I guess =)

Oh, and to add to the craziness, my trainer and Sister Pokipala's trainer (I was in the MTC with Sister Pokipala, she was in my district) had to go to Guam this weekend for training, so Sister Pokipala and I were left to fend for ourselves. Plus we just barely started proselyting in Sekere, so I didn't even really know the area. It's ok though, it all worked out. We had a lot of fun, too!

Anyway, that's all for this week. Love you all!! Happy New Year! I hope this year brings lots of happiness, peace, and hope for you all!!!

Sister Springer

PS this computer won't read my SD Card, so I will send pictures next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment