Monday, March 27, 2017

It's so dark...

Before ya'll freak about about the title of this email, lemme explain. So, almost every night I fall asleep writing (usually in my journal, but this time it was a letter). So last night I fell asleep and woke up at about midnight. I got up to turn off the light, and Sister Jenkins was like "It's so dark" as soon as I did. I would've busted up laughing if I hadn't have been so tired (cuz she was asleep when she said it) but instead I just said, "yeah" and crawled back into bed. Then in the morning I told her what she said, and she was like, "I remember dreaming I said that, but not actually saying it. Also, you were yawning at like 2 AM" Who knew you could yawn in your sleep? It was really funny, haha

So yeah. We have good times, basically every day. Last week I was driving, and I said, "Right or left?" 
"I'm 41% sure you go left" 
*Turns left* "Wait!! That means you're more sure I go right!!" 

Today I told Sister Jenkins that I was 41% sure Saipan was better than Pohnpei. She said, wait! That's not ok!

In all reality, I love both islands for different reasons. I miss Pohnpei and the more laid back life style, cuz Saipan is super Americanized. But I also love Saipan. It's really pretty here, and I know I am supposed to be here. Maybe that in itself makes it beautiful. 

The language is coming. The struggle is getting the influxions on the words right. You can say "Hen hao" and depending on the way you say "hen" you could be saying very good, or hate good. So we are slowly throwing in new vocab we learn to our lessons, but sometimes it totally confuses our investigators. That or they bust up laughing, haha. 

Also forgot to mention in my last email, there was an earthquake 2ish weeks ago. We were in the car outside our investigators apartment, and the car started bouncing. I was like, what the heck, are there kids jumping on the bumper or what? No kids though... it was a small earthquake. So that was fun. 

This week I learned a lot about Charity. I attached my notes for now. I would encourage you all to study it on your own though. Maybe each of the attributes of charity found in Moroni 7:45, and see which of those attributes you can work on, one at a time. True to the Faith says that if you can have Charity, you will be prepared to meet God. Moroni says if you don't have charity, you have nothing. I would say it's pretty important then, no?
This week I will work on Patience.

That's all I got for this week. I love you all so much!! Keep your chins up. Even more, find something to laugh about every day! I know there will be, especially if you look for it. 

Pic of my district, left to right
Elder Ieru, me, Elder William, Sister Jenkins, Elder Slack, Elder Palmer

We went hiking to bird island this morning. That was pretty fun =) love my district!

Wo ai nimen! I poakepoakekumwail!
Sister Springer











No comments:

Post a Comment