Sunday, March 19, 2017

"That's kinda cool." "Kinda weird."

Time is FLYING by!

Quick sum up of this week.

My companion is from Provo, UT. My mom asked me how she's like me. That's hard to answer... We have a very similar sense of humor. Also, you guys remember how I used to say stuff like "Lame sauce", or things like that in highschool? She says that all the time. She also is Tomboyish like me. Pretty cool. 
Of course, there's the fact we are both super excited to share the Gospel. And we love the Lord, and the scriptures. I don't know how to explain it. We just get along really well, I guess. 

This week during one of the personal studies, I was thinking about repentance/sinning. I realized something (thank you Spirit). Sinning and not repenting is like this: A little kid is jumping on the bed, falls, and gets hurt. But instead of running to his mom, he runs away from her because he is afraid that she will say, "It's your fault, you shouldn't have been jumping on the bed. If you had listened to me, you wouldn't have fallen. Now I won't help you." But is that how it is? No! When we got hurt as kids, we would run to our moms and they would somehow make it better. It's the same thing with sin. When we fall, when we sin, the first thing we should want to do is run to our Savior. I promise if we do that, He will be waiting with open arms to hold us, "to encircle us about in the arms of His everlasting mercy" (I'm pretty sure that's a scripture somewhere. I forgot where though.) He will never, ever say, I told you not to and you didn't listen, so you're on your own. The Atonement, and His love, goes deeper than that. So don't run from it. Run to Him, and He will heal you completely and fully. 

Christ-like attribute: Hope is enduring trust, therefore enduring faith (remember faith was trusting in God?) 
This week I will focus on Charity (not gonna lie, I already kinda started studying this one. Got some really cool insights I'll share next week.)


Sorry I didn't get any pictures this week... Kept forgetting my camera in the car. Sorry bout that. Next week I will have some!

Love you all! Stay strong, keep smiling, make every day a great day!
Sister Springer

No comments:

Post a Comment