Sunday, June 18, 2017

Happy Father's Day!!!

Happy Father's day to all the Father's out there!! I am so grateful for my Papa and all he has taught me. You are the best, Daddy!! Lots of love!!

Let's see... This week absolutely flew by. We were focusing on finding and so did a lot of that. William and Steve went back to Taiwan this week (T-T) so our pool of investigators dropped a bit. Plus Tianbao's baptism (so cool to say that!!).

We went to go teach Tianbao about the Priesthood when the Assistants were with us. So glad they were with us, too! Tianbao told us how he was feeling really down and discouraged about his life. He felt like he had no friends, and no family, and not a good job. We told him that he has friends and family in the ward, and he will always have a friend in Jesus Christ. That helped a little. Then we talked about the Priesthood and blessings, including blessings of comfort. We asked if he wanted one. He said yes. Elder Carter gave him a blessing after the lesson. It was exactly what he needed to hear, even though it was in English and Elder Carter didn't know his full story. The Spirit was really strong. After, we asked if he wanted us to translate what had been said. He said, "No, I felt it." So cool! He also keeps saying he has the Holy Ghost. On Sunday, he told us his life really isn't so bad and he is finding the blessings that God has given him.

This week I was working on Charity. I've found a new approach to my Christ-like Attributes. So there is a page at the end of chapter 6 in PMG that has an attribute activity for each of the Attributes. Each week, I will complete on activity, then take an avg of my score. Then when I pick that attribute, I will focus on which part of the attribute is making my score lower. We'll see how it works. 
This week, I am going to focus on virtue. 

This week as I was studying charity, I was reading in D&C 42:20-27. It talks about a bunch of pretty bad sins, and what to do if people don't repent. Then the last verse says, "Thou shalt not speak evil of thy neighbor, nor do him any harm." No matter what people do, no matter how bad they are, whether they repent or not, we should never speak bad of them. We should never seek to hurt them. It makes me think of the other scripture that says, you never know when they could come back. We don't help anything, ever, by talking bad about people. Every word that comes out of our mouths should be to uplift, to edify, to build up. Not to destroy. This is Charity. 

I guess that's it for this week. I love you all so much. I am changing so much here.... A mission tears you down to build you up for sure, into someone better than you could have ever been on your own. I love my mission and am grateful every day for the chance I have to be here, serving my Lord and Savior, teaching the Chinese people to know who God is. 

Pictures: walking wednesday, we were sooooo tired!!! Hence the tiredness. Worth it though!! Found some new people, for us and the Elders to teach.  
Elder William was jumping over Elder Slack last Pday. He is crazy Athletic.

Til next time! Love you all!
Sister Springer






No comments:

Post a Comment