Sunday, June 4, 2017

President's Last MLC

This week was President's last MLC. July 1st we get a new mission president. I am really sad to see him go. I personally have learned a lot from him. MLC was extra good this time though. All the leaders in that room respect President so much. One of the office couples, Elder Christiansen, took his training time to invite missionaries to stand up and say why they were grateful for President and Sister Zarbock. It was one of the most Spiritual moments of my mission. I talked about how much faith they both have, because that has impacted me the most. I think it takes a lot of faith to trust that God wants two greenies learning Chinese on a little rock in the ocean, haha. 

Tomorrow we get to see President and Sister Zarbock one more time, when they come to Saipan for Zone conference. (This is the greatest and craziest mission in the world... Most missionaries are lucky to see our President every other month. Sister Jenkins and I have been blessed to see him a little more often, since we fly to Guam every month for MLC, just because President wants us to have some contact with other Sisters.) President stressed how much we are blessed because we will be able to learn from two Mission Presidents. True.... but still going to miss President and Sister Zarbock. 

It's been a little rough. We have a couple newish Elder's that are stirring stuff up.... So much drama. (Decided it's a good thing, maybe, that we don't have other Sisters on the island. We get along great, and don't have to deal with all the drama it sounds like other Sisters, unfortunately, deal with on almost a daily basis). Sister Jenkins and I don't know details: we are kind of in our own little Chinese world here. I don't know if there's anything we could really do to help anyway. But I know it's been really hard for the other Elders, trying to fix all the problems. A little nervous for the end of this transfer, when we lose Elder Palmer and Elder Slack.... But we'll keep working hard. When we are on the Lord's side, who can prevail against us? 

We have an investigator named Yingdi. Don't know if I've mentioned this before... She is super cool! One thing I really admire about the Chinese people is their hard work ethic. I have never met such a hardworking people in my life! One of the struggles with that is getting them to church. But Yingdi, without us even asking, decided her store would be closed on Sundays so she could go to church. (She owns a sewing shop). At church, she said she loves coming because she feels like she can rest from work, and life. She and her husband work sooo much, and so I think the day of rest sounds amazing to her. Her husband is a little harder to get to church. At MLC, the training was on the Sabbath day and making it delicions. Sowith this training, I have faith that we can help him see the blessings that will come from keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. 

My Mom sent me this quote: "Sometimes when you're in a dark place, you think you've been buried, but actually you've been planted." 
I'm really grateful I have been planted here in Saipan. It can be really hard. Mission's are hard. But also the best experience of my life. I love it here, and I am grateful for every minute, the good and the bad. We learn and grow by experience, and the growth best starts in the dark, where we are planted. 

Be grateful for where you are, when you are. Look to Heavenly Father for guidance, and Jesus Christ for help, and both for love. I promise you will receive all, more than you could ever imagine.

That's about it for this week. Oh, I will be focusing on Knowledge this week. So much you can always learn about the Gospel!! Love it. 

Talk to you all next week!! Have a great week! Love you all!

Sister Springer







No comments:

Post a Comment