Sunday, August 20, 2017

Solar Eclipses and Zone Conference

I hope you all get a chance to at least catch a glimpse of the solar eclipse! Sounds cool. It's going to miss us entirely, this little rock in the middle of the ocean... haha. It's cool though. It kinda freaked some of our investigators out.

Ambi's being forced to move out of her house by the end of the month... So we are hoping and praying she finds a new one soon. She gets baptized this weekend though!! Super excited!! She's so ready =D I love Ambi and her cute little family <3

Zone conference was super good! I love President Poston. He just has this quite but powerful nature. He talked a lot about faith, and how faith can do so much: literally move mountains, part streams, heal the sick, raise the dead. The Zone Leaders and I gave training on how we can be "anxiously engaged through faith that the Lord will provide". It was pretty good, I think. The Assistants training at MLC was on "Anxiously Engaged", so we took that and applied it to our zone needs. Love the Spiritual Firehose of learning at these meetings!

Saipan got new area boundries yesterday (but doesn't affect Sister Jenkins and I really, because we cover the whole island. 

Right now Sister Jenkins and I are trying to find more investigators. We have a bunch, but only a few are solid. Ambi, of course; then Angel (a member's wife), Yingdi (I think she'll get baptized soon!) are probably our best investigators right now. We have a ton to follow up on. This week should be a lot of walking and what we like to call "friending" (tracting, but consecrated missionary style)

I hope all is going well for you all back home. Life on a mission is hard, but it changes you in ways that nothing else can. I love my mission! It's going by way too fast! I'm learning so much every day, it's all becoming a blur. 

A little explanation on the pictures: The cards strung across the ceiling (thanks for the string, Mom!) are scriptures Sister Jenkins and I have memorized. We're going to have that string so full by the end of our mission!

Zone Conference pics

Pics of super comfy socks from Taiwan, from Steve and his Wife, Veronica. 

The Elders had a 3 baptisms this weekend!

That's it for this time. Talk to you all next week! Also, don't forget to read your scriptures every day. We need the Spiritual protection and strength EVERY day, in this dark and struggling world. Love you all! And I know without a doubt that God and Jesus Christ love you, too.

Sister Springer












No comments:

Post a Comment