Monday, August 28, 2017

Anbby's Baptism and the Ward Culture Night to celebrate


                                                                                                                                                        August 27, 2017

Hey all! Hope you all had a great week! Mine was crazy busy. Feel like we weren't able to get a ton of proselyting done =( That's ok though, still doing the Lord's work!

On Saturday, Anbby was baptized!! Filling out the batismal form, found out her English name is spelled Anbby, not Ambi. Haha. Her Chinese name is Mingming Zhao. She is soooo cool!! She got baptized in the morning cuz Saturday evening was the Ward Culture night. She was nervous before, but also excited. She was worried Miaomiao was gonna cry. The ward members took good care of Miaomiao though, and Anbby was able to focus on the talks and her baptism. After she was baptized, we realized her clothes were still in the room, so we ran them to her. She was like, "I feel so clean!! All the bad things are gone. I remember them, but, I just feel so good." It was sooo cool and the Spirit was so strong. I love her. Then after the service, she said, "so tomorrow I complete my baptism when I get the Holy Ghost." Yep. Anbby was so prepared. We can't wait to take her teaching with us. The ward loves her, too! Brother Tamayo, the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric, talked to her a little about the temple. She's really excited to go. She was like, "So you two will be here in a year, right?" We told her we would love to meet her at the temple and go through with her when she goes. Guess I'm going to Hong Kong next year! I love Anbby so much! We told her we are going to work with her husband too, so they can get sealed as a family. 

In district meeting this week we were talking about what we want to accomplish before the end of our missions. I said, "Be able to speak Chinese fluently enough to carry on a decent conversation." Sister Jenkins wants to read the Book of Mormon in Chinese (I have the coolest companion!). But that question has got me thinking a lot recently, about what other things I want to accomplish. One thing I really want to change about myself is being impatient. I thought I was a decently patient person, but, especially recently, I am seeing how impatient I am. I want to be so patient; even when someone says something contentious, I don't want to respond with anger, or impatiently, but rather with patience, with charity. I think that is one big thing the world is missing today. We are all so fast to respond, so quick to judge, so unwilling to be understanding of another's viewpoint, that contentions run high and relationships are destroyed every day. I want to change that about myself, starting now. I hope and pray my Heavenly Father and Savior will help me. 

Ward Culture night was super cool. I'll tell ya'll bout it next week. Gotta go.

Til next time. Zai Jian!!

Sister Springer














No comments:

Post a Comment