Monday, January 15, 2018

Hike with the youth, sick week, and ski pants

Ni hao men!!!

This week was a super awesome week. I got a lot of extra study time in cuz Sister Jenkins was sick (less awesome) but I was able to finish the Book of Mormon!!! Didn't finish it by the end of the year, but almost. That Book is so true, I love it so much. Now I've started on the Pearl of Great Price and trying to finish Jesus the Christ by the end of my mission. Also started the Book of Mormon again. I'm reading it a little different this time: going through topics in the index and marking the verses I read. We'll see if every scripture is listed in the index. It'll be interesting for sure.

Went on some quick exchanges this week to visit a couple people while Sister Jenkins was resting. I love the people I have been blessed to meet here, so much. It seems like there's been a lot of deaths in this new year, all over the place. If you've had a lost loved one recently, I invite you all to read Alma 40:11-12. (see what I mean about the Book of Mormon being so awesome?)

Emma is still preparing for baptism. Hopefully it'll be in the next week or two. But whenever she is ready and prepared. She is sooooo awesome I love her so much!!! She is pregnant and finds out the gender of the baby soon ^^ Only sad thing is she's due right after I'm supposed to come home =( Maybe the baby will be born on Kalli's birthday though. That'd be cute =)

Went on a hike this morning with the youth. It was so fun!! We hiked from Paupau beach up to suicide cliff and back. Long hike, but soooo fun! And very beautiful! Ya'll would love the scenery here. Just saying.

Funny story: We went to go see Walter and XingJing and Jojo again this week (I love that family, they are so cute!!) and Walter introduced us to his work partner, Matthew. Matthew told us he met a Mormon once. But "maybe it was the wrong timing." He was in Washington in a thrift store looking for ski pants. He saw a man who looked like a worker, so he asked him where the ski pants that were his size were. The man said, "My friend, there is more to your life than ski pants." Then he went into a 15 minute long discussion on the Plan of Salvation. After, Matthew was like, "so.... do you know where the ski pants are or not?" The missionary replied, "After all this time all you want are ski pants?" Hahahahhaha that is soooo funny!!! Missionary approach at it's finest ;) Haha just kidding. 

Well, gotta go. I love you all and I miss you. Keep reading your Book of Mormon!! Don't stop!! Make it a daily must!

Have an excellent week!

Sister Springer


























No comments:

Post a Comment