Sunday, December 18, 2016

Lizards, Rain, and Pohnpei

Kasehlelie kumwail!! (Hello everyone)

This week has flown by, but the days have gone slow. The language is kind of a struggle, but I am learning to be patient with myself. I know that with my Heavenly Father's help, I will learn it and understand in time. Patience is HUGE!! I still have a lot to learn about patience, but I have also learned a lot. A lot of it is just relaxing, and recognizing you are in the Lord's hands.

This week will be... Charity. Fitting, I think, for the week before Christmas. I encourage all of you to go out and serve, help someone-- anyone. I know as you do, you will be blessed just as much as those you help. #LightTheWorld

I don't have a lot of time today. We are going to go on a hike to a waterfall!! I will send pics next week. 

I don't know if I mentioned this in my last email, but Elder Pond is my district leader. He is pretty cool. He cares very much about the people and is dedicated to the missionary work.

Sister Fehoko is my companion. She is from Tonga. She is hilarious! She loves to have fun (as you can tell in the picture of her with her face painted like a clown haha), but is also very good at teaching: Teaching me, and the investigators.

I love the people here. They are so kind. The only really hard part is that I cannot understand what they are saying most of the time. It's hard to know what to teach when you don't know what they are saying... But that's what the Spirit is for, no? I continue to learn every day how to listen to the Spirit, and how Heavenly Father talks to me, personally.

Oh!! Speaking of Sister Fehoko though.... It was hilarious. She hates lizards. Last week, we got home and we were setting stuff down in the kitchen. I looked down and saw a lizard. I was like, "Don't look!" She ran to the other side of the kitchen. I tried to catch it but those buggers are fast! He ran towards her and she screamed and ran to our room and shut the door. I chased it up the wall and it went to the window. The cup I had wouldn't fit behind the bars, so I grabbed a magazine and guided it back down to the corner. Then I nudged its tail and it climbed onto the magazine. I took it outside, hoping it wouldn't jump on me haha. It was super funny though.

I got my first taste of Pohnpeian rain this week. When it rains, it pours! It can be sunny, then within like 20 minutes it'll dump rain suddenly. Then, just as fast, it stops. It's crazy!

Anyway.. I am out of time. I poakpoakekumwail!!​

Sister Springer


No comments:

Post a Comment