Monday, May 22, 2017

Better things to come

Missions are hard. Found this scripture this week.

Hebrews 11:40 (JST) "God having provided some better things for them through their sufferings, for without sufferings they could not be made perfect.God having provided some better things for them through their sufferings, for without sufferings they could not be made perfect." 

I LOVE my mission. Yes missions are hard, but there is no place I would rather be right now. I love it here. Saipan is beautiful. Chinese is sooo hard, but also beautiful. I love the Chinese people. They are the hardest working, most giving people I have ever met. I love those I have come in contact with. They all have their flaws: we all do. But, through our sufferings, our trials, our weaknesses, God makes us stronger and stronger until we are perfected. I love that. If we trust God enough, even on the hard days, we will always be stronger for it. He is mindful of us, every second of our lives (see Alma 26). 

This week was another great week! Learning more Chinese every day. I can say "Wo shi zui hao", which you would think would mean "I am best". But zui also means sin. So, maybe I am saying "I sin best". Nobody knows! Haha just kidding. Chinese is rough, but we are learning it as fast as we can. Language study is great, because Sister Jenkins and I really can only guess if we are saying things right. But our investigators correct us haha. I've never been more grateful for little notebooks in my life! I take so many notes in that thing, then transfer it to flash cards later.

 
Miss you all, and love you!!


Sister Springer

PS if you have a chance, read "The war goes on" by Elder Lawrence in the April 2017 Liahona. Super good talk about how Satan works against us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment