Sunday, May 28, 2017

Sadan de Kiddi Round 2

I don't remember if I told you all about Sadan de Kiddi (between Chinese and Pohnpeian, it means Satan's dog). We had our second encounter with him yesterday though.

Sister Jenkins and I are almost out of our allotted miles for the month, so we decided to walk all day (minus church) yesterday. We were walking down the road by our apartment. In front of us were two teenagers that just finished playing basketball (there's a court across from our apartment. We play basketball there some mornings ^^) Anyway, so they passed Sadan de Kiddi's house and he came out, looked at them, then looked towards us, who were still fairly far away. Immediately he started bouncing and barking and growling. Then he took of running, tore up the ground, coming at us so fast. I was closer to him, so he started running towards me. Sister Jenkins was like, "We gotta go!!!" She didn't have to tell me twice. I turned and ran. She wasn't sure if she should run or not. She was like "You've got to be kidding me!" (reminded me of that story you told us, Dad, about the lady in the parking lot). Then she was like, "Help!" talking to the two boys, who were just standing there watching us, probably not sure what to do. I was just running, thinking I was about to get eaten alive by this vicious dog that for some reason hated us. Something made Sadan de Kiddi stop and turn around, but he kept barking and acting like he wanted to keep chasing us. Our adreneline was spiked so high. Luckily there was another way around, so we went the long way. We were able to laugh minutes after, but at the time it was so scary. Pretty sure we had Guardian Angels watching out for us. So sketch.

Church was super good this week. We had 7 investigators there! Our Chinese class was really good, too. Isaac got called to be the new Chinese class teacher (just got reactivated yesterday, yay!!) I love our ward. The members are really great, and willing to help us out, despite the fact that we are Chinese speaking Sisters teaching Chinese people, haha. 

Oh, don't know if I mentioned it, but last week was transfer call. Nothing changed for me and Sister Jenkins (no surprise there.... Chances are we will be companions our whole missions, haha). Elder Joseph and Elder Mesa are still companions. Elder Slack is now the District Leader and companions with Elder William, and Elder Ieru is the new Zone Leader with Elder Palmer. 

Not too much else going on. Just keeping on with the Lord's work. Oh. This week I worked on Patience, this coming week I will focus on Diligence. Patience is sooo important. It is being happy and cheerful, full of hope and faith, even in the midst of trials. It takes diligence to do so. If you aren't diligent, Satan weeds his way in and makes you lazy, angry, frustrated, selfish, all the bad stuff. 

Love you all! I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the warm weather back home!

Sister Springer


No comments:

Post a Comment