Sunday, September 24, 2017

Once I was a snowman, but in Saipan I melted

While ya'll are enjoying the snow over there in Utah (heard it snowed), it's still hot as ever here in Saipan. Maybe a little more rainy, but not too much. =p

This week has been crazy, but really good. I love all the families we've been teaching! So cool . Last week Jojo and her family, Walter and Xingjin, came to church for the first time. This Sunday was the primary program, and Jojo wanted to be a part of it. So Sister Lisa, the primary president, came over to their house with us this week and gave them a CD and lyrics so Jojo could practice. She did so good!! She sung with her whole heart, and even had a part in the program. She's so cute and full of energy. Her family is thinking of moving to Utah after Walter is done with work here... Hopefully they'd be members and I could go to her baptism there =) They've invited us over for dinner twice. So good! Never had tofu that tasted soo good! Also, turns out shrimp dumplings are way good. 

This week we also had dinner with the Bensons, the Conners, and Anbby's family. It was lots of fun! Brother Benson taught us how he makes dumplings. Super delicious. Then the Conners and Anbby's family came over and we all had a great time. Maning, Anbby's husband, mentioned how different American culture is from Chinese. He said even the way we eat is free. In China, he'd be in charge of making sure his dad, uncle, and grandpa all had drinks and food, and if they got drunk, it was his fault. But in America, you dish yourself up and just chit chat and... I dunno, it's just free. So crazy to think about. The coolest thing is how the church unites people of all different cultures though. I love it. I love the ward too!! They've been sooo good at fellowshipping, especially recently. 

I'm learning a lot about charity on my mission, especially recently I think. In District Meeting Elder Ieru said Moroni 7:45 was a good scripture to evaluate yourself on charity. I did that, and learned a ton. With each attribute, I asked my self a question, like for "easily provoked": "What does it take to make me angry?" or for "beareth all things": "Am I bearing others burdens with charity?". 

Here are some pics of our new apartment, a little cleaner this time. Good news! Found a spot to hang up my hammock again! Sweet! Thanks, Papa!

I better go. I hope ya'll have a great week! Enjoy conference!! Oh PS! Got to watch Womens conference live cuz it lined right up with church. It was super good!

Love you all!

Sister Springer









No comments:

Post a Comment