Sunday, February 18, 2018

Hey Fam

Hey guys. I just wanted to shoot you a quick letter. I don't want everyone knowing about this one.

Tuesday we found out one of our investigators, Freddie, committed suicide. He's from a part member Pohnpeian family. He'd come to church a couple times. We kept meaning to go and teach him, but it seemed like things just kept getting in the way. No one knows why he did it; there were no warning signs. I just wanted to let you all know though. Sister Jenkins and I have struggled. We've been praying a lot. There's no words that can describe the power of prayer. Thank you for your prayers. We are doing ok now. Pushing forward. I've found the thing that is helping me the most is continuing to work. We took some time to mourn, for sure, and that time was needed. I'm going to keep pushing forward, so that others will not have to face the same darkness that Freddie was secretly facing alone. I know that the everlasting light of Jesus Christ can reach where no one else can. I am so grateful for this Gospel. We truly are blessed to have the knowledge we have. 

If you could make it to the temple this week, put in Freddie's family please. Simerina Simrom, Steven Simrom, Edalyn, Mayleen Lipai, Charles, JR Christopher,. There's more, but I don't know all their names. Yet. Pohpeian families are really big :) I'm so glad I got to serve in Pohnpei for those 12 weeks. It's sure been coming in handy. 

I love you all so much. Praying for you. Never, ever stop reading your Book of Mormon. 
Love,
Whitney
Sister Springer

No comments:

Post a Comment