Thursday, February 15, 2018

~"Saipan is back in Guam, Saipan is back in Guam"~

Whoever said the title with the tune "the boys are back in town" gets me. Someday, I will listen to that song again... but not now!!

This week was pretty great. Went to MLC again. It was another awesome Spiritual experience. And we finally got interpretation tech!!! SOOOO EXCITED!!! We used it for the first time on Sunday, so we could translate for our Chinese friends. And there was more Chinese people there than there has been in awhile: Members:Anbby (nd Miaomiao of course), and Isaac. Investigators: Angel, her sister-in-law, and Xingjing and her daughter Jojo. We visited Xingjing and Walter Saturday night. I love their family so much!! Jojo (7 years old) said, "Sorry we haven't been to church. Are you mad?" I said, "We're sad because we miss you guys a lot, but we aren't mad!" "Is Lisa (the Primary President) mad?" "No, of course not! She would never be mad at you!" Jojo is so freaking cute I love her. She told us we are her best friends and even when we leave Saipan she'll still be her friends. I just love their family ^^ Xingjing is taking english classes at the college. She so smart!! Her English is getting way better too. One day, we'll speak each other's languages well enough to have really solid conversations and we'll be even better friends. 

Last night we saw Judy. She is so good! She fed us super yummy Chinese food. I'm not sure I'll be able to recreate these dumplings (jiaozi) when I get home, but I will try. Before dinner, she asked us what chapter we had texted her last week because she couldn't find her Book of Mormon to read it. We said it was Alma 38 and we read it together. She said, "wow. Every verse is exactly what I needed to hear. How did you know?" "God told us." "So you felt this is what I needed  and gave it to me? That is so cool! Can you do that every day?" We told her we could, but if she wanted she could just start from the beginning too, because the entire Book is full of scriptures written just for us, that will speak to our hearts and our souls. I know that that is true for all of us. I've seen the power--the literal power-- of the Book of Mormon in my own life. It is the truest Book on the earth, and I promise, just as Joseph Smith said, you "will get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book." I love the Book of Mormon! 

I love the zone we are apart of. I took a video so ya'll could know the people I talk about. I'll try to send that out. I've been picking back up on my Pohnpeian since Elder Ili (who came into Pohnpei 1 transfer after me), Elder Peles and Sister Lawrence (both from Pohnpei) got here. Yay! Sometimes I say stuff to them in Chinese on accident though, haha!

That's about it for this week. I love you all so much. Keep reading the Book of Mormon every day. I promise your days will get brighter, your loads will get lighter, and your love of God and all men will grow stronger. Have an excellent week!! 

I poakpoakekumwail! Wo ai ni men! I love you all!
Sister Springer




No comments:

Post a Comment