Monday, October 9, 2017

Book of Mormon Blitz!!

Hey all,
I have very little time left so gotta make this one short... We had an appointment to run to, so I had to jump off early. But I'm back real quick.

Today was super fun! We went to some cliffs with all the missionaries and a couple of Elder Ieru and Elder Walter's investigators. They jumped into the ocean. I totally wanna try it. After my mission, of course! The water was so clear though. So nice. Elder Ieru used to dive all the time back home (have I mentioned he is from Kiribati?) So he was really missing swimming and diving. Never thought about how much harder it must be for islanders to not go swimming. I would just do it for fun, but they grew up swimming every day not just for fun, but for food. Crazy how much a mission can open your eyes. I love how much I am learning about other places and cultures. America is the melting pot of the world it is said, but I think it's actually Saipan. I've met sooo many different people here. Anywhere from Hindu to Chinese to Palauan to Filipino to Kiribati (ps that's pronounced more like kirdipas. You gotta roll the r) 

Anyway, this wee was super good. Spent walking wednesday in our new English speaking area, getting to know some people. It's so different teaching in English! Really cool though. I love the people we've met so far. Especially Val. She's Chuukese, born on Saipan though. She really wants to learn, but her auntie isn't a huge fan of us... so.... she's gonna call us when she can meet up haha. 

I forgot to tell ya'll! I finished the Book of Mormon a couple weeks ago! It's the best =) I love the Book of Mormon with my whole heart. Now all the missionaries are doing what we call the Book of Mormon Blitz! Starting October 1st, if you read 6 pages a day, you can finish the whole Book of Mormon by December. I invite you all to join me in this challenge. I promise it will bless your lives! (sorry for the late notice, so you'll have to catch up... but it'll be worth it, I promise!!) I'm trying something different with this reading though. Trying to write my thoughts in the margins as I read. It'll be interesting. Also, with a different color, I'm looking out for promised blessings and blessings fulfilled from the Lord. It takes a while though, so I might read the Book of Mormon quickly and slowly at the same time.... we'll see. Either way, Jump in! Read the Book of Mormon, whether its the first or the third or the 50th time you've read it, read it again! I know you'll find peace, guidance, counsel, healing, or whatever else you are looking for in its pages. 

Last note. General Conference was the best!! I especially loved the story of Elder Nielsen learning Chinese.... Anbby loved that story too. She was like, "That's like you guys!". Wow. Thanks Anbby! I love her so much ^^ One day I hope I can go to the temple with her. 


That's it for this week. Have a super awesome week! Love you all lots! Don't forget to read the Book of Mormon! 

Sister Springer









No comments:

Post a Comment